A Trip from Tacloban - MacArthur Park & Ormoc!!!


Due to the fact of my work has been related to traveling. A Trip from Tacloban - MacArthur Park & Ormoc, was one of my unforgettable trip that I think I could considered in my life today. I was so enjoyed that I had chances to traveled around the VisMin area of my beloved country Philippines. So that is why I took the chances to captured photos every time I saw beautiful places.

Hope that my video could help you of giving an idea of what Tacloban, MacArthur Park & Ormoc has it.



Tacloban is the largest city and regional center of the Eastern Visayas region of the Philippines. It is also the capital city of Leyte province. It is the center of commerce, tourism, education, culture, and government in the region. Tacloban is located on Cancabato Bay, in the San Juanico Strait which divides the islands of Leyte and Samar.


MacArthur Park, Leyte

A beautiful park at Palo, Leyte, where there are statues that "illustrate" the historical landing of MacArthur and his forces.

General Douglas Macarthur Landing Memorial is situated in Red Beach, Palo, Leyte, the monument marks the spot where General Douglas MacArthur landed with the American Liberation Forces in 1944. The statues of the liberators stand in a lagoon, 1.5 times bigger than lifesize. It is also the site of the 50th Leyte Landing Anniversary Commemorative Rock Garden of Peace. A beautiful beach can be found in the area.

The City of Ormoc is a 1st class city in the province of Leyte, Philippines. The city's name is derived from ogmok, an old Visayan term for lowland or depressed plain. It is the first non-provincial city of the Philippines. According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 154,297 people in 31,542 households. Ormoc is the economic, cultural, commercial and transportation hub of western Leyte.

Ormoc City is an independent component city, not subject to regulation from the Provincial Government of Leyte. However, the city is part of the congressional district IV of Leyte together with Albuera, Kananga, Merida, and Isabel towns.

In November 1991, the Ormoc region was inundated by Tropical Storm Thelma (local name: Uring). Flash floods and landslides killed an estimated 6,000 people, mostly in Ormoc itself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I enjoyed the video! keep it up. ganda talaga ng Pilipinas.