Lovely Dumaguete!

City of gentle people or Charm city of the south is what had been known for the capital of Negros Oriental which is the Dumaguete City. A very blessed province because it is surrounded by beautiful island of Cebu, Siquijior & Bohol when you could found the best diving site for marine paradise that they rightfully are priding of.
Dumaguete Cathedral
Photo by Hn

Apo Island is constantly rated among the top 10 dive destinations in the world, so that alone is worth a visit to Dumaguete. There are also a number of attractive marine sanctuaries up and down the coastline from Dumaguete, Some of them you will have to pay a fee to use, especially the ones in the Dauin area.

Aside from the nature the Siliman University is located as well in the province which the oldest university in Asia.
Feel the cool breeze of air while at the Dumaguete Boulevard is the perfect place in the city to take relaxing and unwinding.
The tasty and sweetened Sans Rival cakes is a must taste when you’re in Dumaguete City.
photo by Yarigee

Sans Rival is a multilayered cake of crisp meringue filled with buttercream and crushed cashews, very popular and quite expensive at home.
Sans Rival is literally translated to as "without rival"
Also known as Napoleon layered cake.
photo by Deinin

Hand made novelty accessories is cool souvenirs that you could buy as well.
For me is undoubted to consider the Dumaguete City as the perfect to live because of gentle people, closeness to nature and simple lifestyle.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the guided tour about Dumaguete. :)
Anonymous said…
Hi! I came across your site and thought it would be great for our clients for advertising needs. I hope to discuss further with you via email.

Please feel free to contact me at blogadvertiser@gmail.com now. Thanks. =)

Regards,
Donna

p.s: please state your blog URL when you email me.
Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Joro Livelihood said…
Just to say HELLO and Merry Christmas to all.

I've been to Dumaguete few years back when I visited my friend. It is such a lovely place. Hope to be there when I will be coming back to Phils.

I need your help. Pls vote for me by clicking this link Joro Livelihood,locate TOP PINOY EXPATS 2008,which is located in the sidebar and then, check the boxes no. 19, Joro Livelihood and no. 5, Euroangel, then, press submit. Thanks.
Ronel Livelihood
Joro, The New Beginning
Absolutely Joro
The World Of Joro
The Tale Of A Bukidnon Lad
Baconchezjoro Multiply
my son brought home sans rival when he went to dumaguete last month. it was delicious. anyway..

here's wishing all in my blog roll a safe, prosperous and a happy new year.

Manna From Heaven
Pinay Mom Blogs... and Life goes on
Tey said…
ang ganda ganda naman, I love sans rival. I miss eating filipino made sans rival.. Making me want to go home but too expensive
Raptured Dreams
Celebrity Entertainment
Array Of Hopes
The Sweet Life said…
wow .. I should've gone to Dumaguete when I was invited to hold a team building activity there. O well, better luck next time ... but this is a lovely place huh.
EJ said…
I miss Philippines!

btw, I am now following your blog..
Akimashte Omedetou! Happy New Year to you Arjaeuse! May you have a prosperous 2009. See yah soon, awww!
Anonymous said…
hi! what a beautiful blog and pictures! I'd love to travel Philippines! what about a link exchange with my travel blog?
happy new year from Florence!
hi... dumaguete isreally a good place to visit forany tourist. I am also dreaming of going especially when I stumble on a site about Apo Island - wow, its a wonderful place to see... and a must-see in Dumageute.

I like this review and the pictures you took. I especially like the starfish on the water and the park with glowing xmas lanterns. I hope you had pictures of Apo Island area.

I am also into travel blog, 'hope we can link ex... Thanks.
Anonymous said…
The pics are truly amazing and so is the information
Anonymous said…
Интересно написано....но многое остается непонятнымb
MSantiago said…
Nice, blog, the City of Gentle people is truly a great place to visit.

A lot to explore, above and under water
MSantiago said…
Nice, blog, the City of Gentle people is truly a great place to visit.

A lot to explore, above and under water
Dumaguete is one beautiful place! I have seen pics of my former classmates there, and I envy them enjoying the Dumaguete environment. :Dhttp://www.cdokay.com/