Britania Islands in Surigao Del Sur

When you are in Surigao del Sur province, your trip is not must ended by just visiting Tinuy-an Falls and Enchanted River because the true attraction that yet to be discover of many tourist is just located in Barangay Britania at the town of San Agustin, a one and half (1 hour and 30 minutes) drive from Enchanted River or Hinatuan town and the place called Britania group of Islands.

In upon arrival in Britania, we begin first to dine by taking the breakfast at La Entrada Resort and Restaurant where is your Island hoping will be starting. At a rate of 1,500 to 2,500php if  you will choose to lodge in nice inspire room and with a boat rental at the cost of 3,500 php for half day and group tour, is just the only way to explore the 24 consist islands and islet scattered all over Lianga Bay, which faces the Pacific Ocean.  (The boat is big and can accommodate up to 15-20 people). 

What is the meaning of Britania?
Britania, an ancient term for Roman Britain, is actually a Latin name derived from the Greek form “Prettanike” or “Brettaniai,” which means “a collection of islands with individual names.”

When I was there just last summer I did not realize that a beautiful scene that I saw while in the highway is the islands that will give you a pure satisfaction and memorable trip because I am glad that I got a chances to discover it with my loved ones and also had fun in swimming to a white sand beaches of Britania. So after taking the lunch with tasty sea food recipes me and my group left the San Agustin in headed back to Davao. For me the 3 days and 2 nights tour is ended with priceless experience.

So here are my photos that I can share with you:




















Naked Island



Comments